What’s better than combining cream, coffee and cake? Finding out that the entire thing is completely plant-based, of course. If you’re after an indulgent animal-friendly alternative to a traditional treat, this vegan tiramisu cake - made with Flora Plant Butter - will be right up your street. Say no to seconds - we dare you.
- Cake layers
- 200g Flora Plant-based butter, softened
- 325g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 200 g dairy-free yoghurt
- 200 ml Oat milk
- 400 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Coffee Syrup:
- 100g sugar
- 120ml boiled water
- 1 ½ tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 tbsp coffee liquor (optional)
- 450g Flora Plant-Based butter, unsalted
- 50g vegan cream cheese
- 750g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 125g thick coconut cream
- 125g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Raspberries and Cocoa powder for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line two 8-inch cake tins with flora plant butter, parchment paper rounds and flour.
- Beat together the Flora and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the yoghurt and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Sift together flour, baking powder in a bowl.
- Alternate adding ? ? of the flour mixture followed by ½ of the oat milk using a spatula. Repeat having done 3 additions of dry, 2 wet and always finishing with the dry.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Smooth the top and tap on the counter to remove any large air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove; then cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Mix together the sugar with boiled water and espresso powder. Add the coffee liquor if using. Stir to combine, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and cream cheese; beat together until smooth. Add the icing sugar ½ cup at a time to make a smooth frosting. Add the vanilla and beat together. Set aside until ready to use
- To make the ganache, heat the coconut cream in the microwave or in a pot until just steaming. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Stir to combine from the middle out to make a smooth ganache, set aside to cool so it’s spreadable but not too thick.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally so you now have 4 layers.
- Place a small amount of icing on a cake plate and then one layer of cake. Brush with the coffee syrup then top spread a layer of mascarpone icing. And then pipe half of the ganache and smooth out on top. Place the second layer of cake and repeat with the remaining ingredients and layers. Once the final layer is on a spread a thin smooth layer of frosting around the cake.
- Chill the cake for about 30 minutes.
- Then coat the entire cake in more frosting and pipe decoratively if desired.
- Dust with cocoa powder and add raspberries