Garlicky Grilled Chicken Pizza
Garlicky Grilled Chicken Pizza is the perfect shortcut family meal.
- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 2 (6-oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. McCormick Grill Mates Cracked Pepper and Garlic Seasoning, plus more for sprinkling
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough, room temperature
- 2½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ¼ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ c. fresh baby spinach
- 3 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- Prepare a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Brush the chicken with some olive oil and season all over with seasoning. Add chicken to the grill, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Remove to a work surface and let cool slightly, then thinly slice the chicken.
- Meanwhile, cut the dough into two pieces and stretch each piece into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface or use a rolling pin to roll the dough into the circle. Lightly flour the back of a rimmed baking sheet or a pizza peel and transfer the pizza dough to the prepared surface.
- Slide the dough off of the baking sheet onto the grill grates. Close the lid and grill until golden on the bottom side, about 2 minutes. Flip the dough and brush the top with some olive oil, then remove the pizza crust from the grill and place back on the pizza peel or baking sheet, olive oil brushed side up.
- Divide 2 cups of the mozzarella over the top of each pizza. Sprinkle with dried basil. Scatter chicken, red onion, and spinach over the top of each pizza, then sprinkle with feta. Divide the remaining mozzarella over pizzas.
- Slide pizzas back onto the grill, cover, and cook until the cheese is melted about 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the grill to a work surface, sprinkle with more seasoning, slice, and serve.