Need a little something refreshing for summer?
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 6 c. water, divided
- 1 lb. strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 10 lemons
- Mint leaves (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- In a blender, combine strawberries and 1 cup water. Blend until pureed. Using a fine mesh strainer, strain puree and discard solids.
- In a large pitcher, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and remaining 4 cups of water. Adjust with more water or lemon juice to taste.
- Serve over ice with mint, if desired.