Cranberry Crumb Bars
Cranberry Crumb Bars are a perfect fall breakfast.
- FOR CRUST AND CRUMBLE:
- Cooking spray
- 1¾ sticks butter, softened
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ c. sliced almonds
- FOR FILLING:
- 2¾ c. frozen cranberries (one 10-oz. bag)
- ⅔ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- FOR GLAZE:
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment, leaving about a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Grease parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and salt and beat until combined. Press 3 cups of the crust mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Mix almonds into remaining crust and set aside.
- Make filling: In another large bowl, combine cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt, then stir in orange juice. Spoon cranberry mixture over prepared crust. Crumble almond crust mixture, clumping small bits of it together with your hands evenly over filling.
- Bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Make glaze: In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cranberry bars and let set, about 20 minutes, before slicing into bars.