Burrata and Steak Crostini
This burrata and steak crostini is the ultimate appetizer. Creamy burrata on top of sourdough toasts, and perfectly cooked hangar steak.
- 1 pound hanger steak
- 1 sourdough baguette sliced in 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz burrata
- 1 tablespoon Spice Tribe Porcini Paradiso Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil to season
- salt and pepper to taste
- top with chives and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bring your steak to room temperature, we are using hanger steak here, but ribeye will work just as well. Season with salt, pepper and your Spice Tribe Porcini Paradiso seasoning.
- Slice your bread in about ½ inch pieces - it should make around 20-24 slices. Place on a sheet tray and toast (about 5-10 minutes).
- In the meantime, heat a cast iron with a drizzle of oil until piping hot. Add your steak and sear for 2 minutes on all sides for medium rare. Transfer to the oven for another 1-2 minutes until your desired cook time. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 15 minutes. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Once your bread is toasted, take a garlic clove and spread it against the toast. Top with burrata, then your steak. Top with chives, flakey salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. Serve!