Sheet Tray Steak & Eggs
Sheet Tray Steak & Eggs tastes even better than it looks.
- 2 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 c. cherry tomato
- 1 small orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- Chopped chives, for serving (optional)
- Preheat broiler to high with a rack in the top third. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder. Remove 1 teaspoon of spice mixture to another small bowl and set aside. Season steak with salt and pepper. Rub remaining spice mixture all over steak.
- On the large sheet pan, toss the vegetables with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Move vegetables to sides of sheet pan and add steak in the center. Broil until steak is medium, about 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove and transfer steak to a plate. Let sit while eggs cook.
- Using a wooden spoon, spread vegetables across the sheet tray and make 4 nests in the vegetable hash to reveal bottom of pan. Crack an egg into each hole and season with salt and pepper. Bake until eggs are cooked to your liking, 4 minutes more for a just-runny egg.
- Slice steak and nestle back into the sheet tray. Whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, and soy into the bowl with the reserved spice mixture and drizzle over vegetables and steak. Sprinkle with chives, serve, and enjoy!