Beer-Battered Fish + French Fries = The ultimate treat yourself dinner
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle lager (such as Harp's)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 lb. cod, cut into 12 pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and Old Bay, then whisk in beer and egg. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Dry cod with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough oil to come up 3 inches and heat to 375°. Working in batches, coat cod in batter then carefully drop in heated oil. Fry until golden and fish is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes, flipping fish halfway through. Remove and place on a paper towel–lined plate and season with salt.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com