Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas
These quesadillas start with one of our favorite skillet chicken breast recipes. But if you've got leftover rotisserie chicken, now is the time to use it!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about ¾ lb)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- ¼ c. dijon mustard
- 8 slices deli ham
- 1½ c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish (optional)
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook chicken: Season chicken all over with oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
- Assemble quesadillas: Spread mustard onto 4 tortillas, then top each tortilla with 2 slices ham, sliced chicken, Swiss cheese, and mozzarella. Place remaining 4 tortillas on top.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoonoil. Working one at a time, cook quesadillas until both tortillas are golden and cheese is melty, about 3 minutes per side.
- While quesadillas are still warm, sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley before slicing into wedges.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com