Grilled Vegetable Kabobs with Fajita Butter
Healthy fajitas? We're here for it.
- 5 ears fresh corn
- 3 zucchini
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 8 ounces small brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1 packet Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 thick wooden skewers or metal skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat the grill to medium-low heat, around 325 degrees F.
- Shuck the corn and cut into 1½ rounds. Cut the zucchini into 1-inch rounds. Cut the bell pepper and onions into 1½ inch square pieces, and discard pepper seeds. Trim the brussels sprouts. Work the vegetables onto the skewers in a random pattern.
- Melt the butter and whisk with the Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix and lemon juice.
- If using metal skewers: grill for 15 minutes, dry. Then brush with the fajita butter and grill another 5 minutes. Rotate the skewers every 3-5 minutes. Brush the remaining fajita butter over the skewers once off the grill.
- If using wooden skewers: Grill the skewers dry for 20 minutes, rotating them every 3-5 minutes. Then remove the skewers from the heat and brush thoroughly with fajita butter. Serve warm!
All rights and material belong to owners aspicyperspective.com