Sonoran Hot Dog
Sonoran Hot Dogs are wrapped in bacon—you’re welcome in advance.
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 medium jalapeños
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ c. finely chopped white onion, plus 1 (1") wedge
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt
- 4 bolillo-style buns or top-split hot dog buns
- ½ c. refried pinto beans, warmed
- ¼ c. finely chopped tomato
- Mayonnaise and mustard, for serving
- Tightly wrap each hot dog with bacon. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook wrapped hot dogs, jalapeños, garlic, and onion wedge, turning occasionally, until bacon is crispy and cooked through and vegetables are lightly charred all over, 3 to 5 minutes for the garlic, and 8 to 12 minutes for the hot dogs and vegetables. Transfer to a plate. Tent hot dogs with foil; let vegetables cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, remove stems and seeds from jalapeños. Transfer to a mini food processor along with charred onion, charred garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Pulse until a salsa forms.
- Spread buns with beans. Top with hot dogs, tomato, chopped onion, and jalapeño salsa. Drizzle with mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with remaining jalapeño salsa alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com