Zucchini Bun Hot Dog
Zucchini buns for low-carb hot dogs, are you kidding me?!Guilt free BBQs.
- FOR AVOCADO TOPPING
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ c. frozen corn, defrosted
- ¼ c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 zucchini, halved
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 hot dogs
- Make topping: In a medium bowl stir together avocado, corn, tomatoes, green onion, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove ends of halved zucchini and scoop out seeds with a spoon. Drizzle all halves with olive oil and season with salt.
- On a large grill pan over medium heat, grill zucchini until nicely charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Grill hot dogs until warmed through and charred on the outside. Place hot dogs in zucchini "bun" and top with avocado mixture. Serve.