We're saying bye bye bye to 2022 with boozy Bourbon Balls. Get the party started!
- 2 c. (180 g.) raw unsalted pecans
- 2 c. (130 g., about 36) vanilla wafers
- 1 c. (115 g.) powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp. (3 oz.) bourbon whiskey
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ c. decorative sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant and golden in the center, 7 to 9 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor, pulse toasted pecans and vanilla wafers until they’re the texture of coarse bread crumbs (a few larger chunks of pecans are okay). Add powdered sugar, bourbon, maple syrup, cocoa, and salt and process until combined. Transfer bourbon ball mixture to a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Pour decorative sugar into a small flat container. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion and roll balls to 1" in diameter. Roll balls in decorative sugar, gently pressing so sugar adheres, and arrange on prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate bourbon balls at least 1 hour to set up.
- Make Ahead: Bourbon balls can be made 3 weeks ahead. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate, or freeze up to 1 month.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com