Caprese Chicken & Polenta Bake
If there's one thing you need to know about, it's this Caprese Chicken & Polenta Bake.
- 4 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 lb. total)
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (18-oz.) tube pre-cooked polenta, sliced into ½"-thick rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz. baby spinach (about 5 packed c.)
- 2 c. store-bought or homemade marinara
- ⅓ c. water
- 8 oz. bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella balls), thinly sliced
- ½ c. packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat broiler to high. Season chicken with Italian seasoning and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Arrange polenta rounds in a single layer and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Using a thin metal spatula, flip polenta and continue to cook until golden on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Transfer polenta to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium (skillet will be hot from searing polenta) and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and cook, flipping halfway through, until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with polenta.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add spinach and cook, tossing, until just wilted, about 1 minute more. Pour marinara and water into skillet and stir to combine.
- Remove skillet from heat and tuck chicken and polenta into sauce. Top with bocconcini.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes. Top with basil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com