Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Tortellini
It’s the creamiest bowl of cheese tortellini that’s fancy enough for the weekend, but easy enough to make any night of the week. And most importantly, it’s delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup vodka (or water)
- ¾ cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for cooking the tortellini. Now add the red peppers to a food processor or blender.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook until the shallots begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the mix to the food processor or blender with the red peppers. Puree until smooth.
- Set the same skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, the tomato paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes, cook 4 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the vodka, cook another 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper sauce, cream, parmesan, spinach, and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions until al dente. Drain, then toss with the red pepper sauce.
- Divide the tortellini between plates and top with burrata and fresh basil. Eat and enjoy immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com