Blushing with grapefruit and just the right tequila kick, the Paloma is a Mexican cocktail that’s as refreshing as a Pacific breeze on a hot day.
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 1.5 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- Splash of bitters
- 2 ounces grapefruit soda (such as Squirt or Jarritos)
- Salt for the rim of the glass
- Place the salt on a small plate. Rub the rim of a highball or rocks glass with lime; dip the rim in the plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Combine tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Fill the shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is very cold, about 20 seconds.
- Pour through a strainer into prepared glass. Top with grapefruit soda, garnish with a grapefruit wedge or peel and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners themodernproper.com