Creamy Miso Pasta
This creamy miso pasta is a delicious combination of tasty pasta, perfectly seared mushrooms, and a creamy miso sauce made with garlic.
- 12 ounces linguine or other type of pasta
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms stems removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot finely diced
- ½ - ¾ cup heavy cream add to taste
- 3 tablespoons miso paste white or brown
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup pasta water added gradually, more as needed
- chopped roasted nori, red pepper flakes for garnish, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to the package instructions. Save some pasta water, drain, and set aside.
- In the meantime, preheat some olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear the mushrooms until they brown. Letting them sit on one side so they can brown works best. Only toss when needed. Then season with some salt and pepper.
- Next, lower the heat. Then add the butter, garlic, and shallot. Sauté until fragrant.
- Now add the heavy cream, miso paste, and parmesan cheese. Stir to dissolve the miso paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan. Gradually add the pasta water while tossing. Add as much pasta water as needed to make the sauce cling to the pasta.
- Garnish with plenty of chopped roasted nori and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners bitesofberi.com