Creamy Sausage and Peppers over Mashed Potatoes
Typically, you see creamy sausage and peppers over pasta, but we are going to blow your mind with it served over creamy mashed potatoes!
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, 1 package
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons cooking white wine
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 12 ounces water
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Parmesan Cheese for finishing
- mashed potatoes
- Get the potatoes boiling before you get started on the sausage and peppers so that they are ready to mash as the sausage and peppers simmer.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown sausages on all sides, until almost cooked through, remove and cut into ¼ inch slices. You don’t have to worry about cooking them all the way through as they will finish cooking while the sauce simmers.
- In the same pan drizzle another teaspoon or so of olive oil and sauté the peppers and onions until slightly softened, about five minutes.
- Return sausage back to the pan and deglaze with white wine.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and heavy cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for ten minutes. As the sauce simmers, drain the potatoes and mash them.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve over the mashed potatoes.
All rights and material belong to owners ohsweetbasil.com