Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
The unstoppable pairing makes for one mesmerizing pie.
- FOR THE CRUST
- Cooking spray
- 1 log refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1¼ c. heavy cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. chopped Reese's
- FOR THE GANACHE
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1¼ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ c. creamy peanut butter
- Reese's Pieces, for decorating
- Make Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray. Press peanut butter cookie dough into bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 14 minutes. Let cool slightly, then use a measuring cup to press down dough so it forms a crust. Refrigerate while you make filling.
- Make Filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a bowl and wipe bowl of stand mixer clean.
- To bowl of stand mixer, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, brown sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in whipped cream and Reese’s until combined.
- Add mixture to prepared pie crust and smooth top. Freeze 30 minutes until peanut butter layer is firm.
- Make Ganache Topping: Bring heavy cream to a simmer. Turn off heat, add chocolate chips and whisk until combined. Spoon chocolate on top of the peanut butter pie.
- Warm peanut butter in microwave for 20 seconds. Stir, then dollop small spoonfuls onto chocolate ganache layer. Gently drag a toothpick or butter knife through topping, creating a marbled effect.
- Around edge of pie filling, place a ring of Reese’s Pieces. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.