Double Cheeseburger For A Crowd
This double cheeseburger is a HUGE deal!
- 2 lb ground beef (905 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (80 g)
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium 8-inch (20-cm) cast-iron skillet, press down half of the ground beef with a spatula to mold into a patty. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and sear the patty until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the patty from the skillet and set aside. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return the pan to low heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach, stirring until the spinach is cooked down, about 5 minutes.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry on a baking sheet and top with 1 patty.
- Layer 4 slices of cheese over the patty, then top with the caramelized onion mixture.
- Top with the remaining 4 slices of cheese and the other patty.
- Cover with the other sheet of puff pastry.
- Trim the edges of the pastry with a knife and discard.
- Crimp the edges of the pastry, then press with a fork to seal.
- Brush the top and sides of the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and cooked through.
- Slice and serve with additional toppings of your choice.
This double cheeseburger is a HUGE deal! 🍔 FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/double-cheeseburger-for-a-crowd
Julkaissut Tasty Maanantaina 26. marraskuuta 2018