Sausage White Bean & Kale Soup
We turn to this soup when we're trying to be healthy—it's super hearty and will keep you full for hours. And honestly, you won't miss the noodles. Vegetarian? Make this simple Kale & White Bean Soup instead.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1 lb. pork sausage, removed from casing if necessary
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, leaves torn into 2" pieces
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Crushed red pepper flakes, for serving
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, using a wooden spoon to break it up, until browned, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove sausage to a plate.
- Return pot to medium-high and add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until the onions and garlic are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, water, Italian seasoning, and cooked sausage and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook over medium until carrots and celery are tender, about 6 minutes. Add the kale and beans and cook until the kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a drizzle of oil, Parmesan, and red pepper flakes.
Sausage White Bean Kale Soup will keep you full ALL day.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/8oH2P7x
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 7. tammikuuta 2019