Crescent Breakfast Squares
We love ourselves a good crescent dough hack, and this one is one of our faves. Look for dough you can buy as a full sheet (as opposed to the kind with perforated edges). It's not totally necessary, but it'll make things easier to assemble.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 2 cans crescent dough
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ c. milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ c. finely chopped chives
- ½ lb. deli ham
- 12 slices cheddar
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. dried garlic
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon. butter. When butter is foamy, reduce heat to low and add egg mixture. Cook, stirring often with a spatula, until eggs are just set. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Unroll one can of crescents onto greased baking sheet and pinch seams together. Add a layer of ham then top with scrambled eggs, chives and cheese. Unroll second crescent dough and place on top of cheese. Pinch together crescent sheets to seal.
- Melt remaining butter in microwave. Brush melted butter on top of crescent dough then sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds, minced onion, dried garlic, and flaky sea salt.
- Bake until crescent dough is golden and cooked through, about 25 to 30 minutes. (If the crescent dough is browning too quickly, cover with foil.)
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing into squares.
Crescent Breakfast Squares are the easiest way to serve a hungry crowd.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/WInQR7C
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 13. helmikuuta 2019