Flamin' Mac & Cheetos
Here's how you eat Flamin' Hot Cheetos without turning your fingers red.
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta
- ½ c. butter
- ½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ tbsp. Black pepper
- 4 c. milk
- 4 c. shredded sharp white cheddar, divided into 3½ c and ½ c
- 2 c. shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ c. Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, whisking to create a roux. Add cayenne, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in milk, whisking as you go. Keep whisking as it simmers and thickens, 5-6 minutes. Add cheddar and Pepper Jack, stirring until melted and combined. Remove mixture from heat. Add pasta to a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish and pour cheese sauce on top, stirring gently to combine.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add panko and Cheetos, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly golden. Sprinkle on top of macaroni in an even layer. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted, then serve.