Flamin' Hot Corn Dogs
Flamin' Hot Cheetos lovers will be OBSESSED with these corn dogs.
- 8 hot dogs
- ¾ c. finely crushed Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1¼ c. buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Pat hot dogs completely dry with paper towels. Skewer each hot dog with a wooden skewer.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed Cheetos, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cayenne. In a large measuring cup, whisk together buttermilk and egg. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine. Dye with red food coloring until desired color is reached, if using.
- Pour batter into a tall glass. In a dutch oven over medium heat, add enough oil to come about 2” up side of pan and heat to 375°.
- Dip each hot dog into corn dog batter, then carefully add to oil. Fry until deep red and starting to brown and batter is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Work in batches as necessary.