Bacon & Cheese Bread Omelet
Have you ever seen a more brilliant way to make a breakfast sandwich?
- 4 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 slices white bread
- ¾ c. shredded cheddar
- ½ tsp. everything bagel seasoning
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and swirl pan to melt butter. Pour the eggs into the skillet.
- Working quickly, dip one side of one piece of bread in the egg and then place with the top side facing outwards. Repeat with the second slice of bread, placing it in the other side of the pan, mirroring the first slice.
- Using two spatulas, flip the bread omelette. Sprinkle the center over the bread with the cheese and everything seasoning. Fold in each side of the omelette over the bread. Top one side with the bacon. Fold the other slice of bread over top and remove from the pan.