Buffalo Chicken Hand Pies
This appetizer takes everything you love about wings and rolls it into delicious, easy-to-eat hand pies. Roll out store-bought pie dough, stuff with spicy buffalo chicken, and bake until perfectly melty and cheesy.
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (250 g), shredded
- 1 cup cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 cup Frank’s® buffalo sauce (230 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ¼ cup red onion (35 g)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 square sheets pie dough
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup ranch dressing (235 g), for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, mozzarella, red onion, black pepper, and celery salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Unroll the pie dough and cut out 4 circles from each sheet using a 3½-inch (8.75 cm) round cutter. Re-roll and cut out as many circles as you can, about 10 total. Discard the dough scraps. Place the dough circles on the prepared baking sheets.
- Fill each dough circle with 1 heaping tablespoon of the buffalo chicken filling. Fold in half to form a half-moon shape. Using a fork, press all along the outer edges to seal the dough together. Brush all over with the beaten egg yolks.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, turning halfway, until the pies are slightly puffed and golden,. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve the hand pies warm with ranch dressing alongside.