Carrot Cake Pancakes
Vegetables for breakfast? You bet! These carrot cake pancakes are fluffy, slightly sweet, and full of aromatic spices.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- ¼ cup brown sugar (50 g)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ¾ teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk (480 mL)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups carrot (165 g)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup walnuts (25 g), chopped
- 10 tablespoons cream cheese
- 10 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined. 4. Gently fold in the grated carrots.
- Let the batter rest for 15-30 minutes at room temperature.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Once the butter is bubbling add ⅓ cup (75 g) of batter to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip the pancake over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter as needed. As you cook the pancakes, keep them warm in a low oven or cover with foil.
- Serve the pancakes with a pat of cream cheese, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkling of walnuts.