The best excuse to break out the tortilla chips.
- 2 jalapeños, halved, stems removed
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¾ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ c. fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, toss jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, and onion together with oil. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until slightly charred, 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, add roasted vegetables, quartered tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Season with remaining 1¼ teaspoons salt and pepper, then pulse a few times until mostly blended and slightly chunky.