Vietnamese Iced Coffee Cake
This Vietnamese iced coffee cake is inspired by Vietnamese iced coffee. The coffee flavored cake is covered with sweetened condensed milk flavored frosting.
- 4 ½ teaspoons strongly brewed (preferably cold brew) coffee
- 1 Tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 0.5 ounces (14 grams) dark chocolate (at least 70% cacao), from whole fèves or a high-quality chocolate bar, chopped into ½- to 1-inch pieces
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coffee, cocoa powder, chocolate, and salt.
- Place the cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a small, heavy-bottomed sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking occasionally. Immediately pour over the coffee and chocolate, then place a dinner plate over the bowl to make a makeshift lid. Let sit, undisturbed, for 1 minute.
- Remove the plate. Whisk slowly but steadily until the fudge is thick, smooth, and shiny, about 2 to 4 minutes. Pour the fudge into a glass jar with an airtight lid, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.