Maui Burgers are tropical BBQ twist you need right now.
- FOR THE SHICHIMI AIOLI SAUCE
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. shichimi togarashi (Japanese red pepper seasoning, available in Asian grocery stores)
- FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. teriyaki sauce
- 2 slices American cheese
- King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns
- 4 Slices pineapple
- Sliced onion, for serving
- Sliced tomato, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Pickles, for serving
- Make shichimi aioli: In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with shichimi togarashi until smooth.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high. Form beef into 4 equal patties and brush patties with teriyaki sauce. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium, adding cheese during the last minute of cooking.
- Split Kings Hawaiian’s Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns, then toast on grill. Grill pineapple slices until charred.
- To assemble burgers, spread aioli on bottom buns, then top with burgers, onion, tomato, pineapple, lettuce, and pickles.