Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
Slow-Cooker Pulled Chicken is so easy, it practically makes itself.
- 1¾ c. barbecue sauce
- ¼ c. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Brioche buns, coleslaw, and pickles, for serving
- In a slow cooker, combine barbecue sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, paprika, and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat breasts.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to a plate. Bring barbecue sauce remaining in slow cooker to a boil in the slow cooker to reduce sauce to barbecue sauce consistency, about 5 minutes. (If slow cooker does not have sauté function, transfer to a medium pot and place over medium-high heat.)
- Using two forks, shred chicken. Pour reduced barbecue sauce over top, toss to coat. Serve on buns with coleslaw and pickles.