Bakewell Tart with Raspberries
Make this Raspberry Tart Recipe as a decadent dessert that elevates simple flavors. This Bakewell tart is something that everyone will love.
- Ingredients for the dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- pinch salt
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ingredients for the raspberry Frangipane filling
- 1 cup unslated butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- US Customary – Metric
- In a large bowl, cut 1 cup cold butter into 2 cups of flour and ¾ cup powdered sugar. You can do this with a fork or pastry cutter.
- Add 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until it begins to take shape. Using your hands form it into a flat disk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup softened butter with 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Add 4 eggs and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Blend to combine.
- Lastly, mix in the ½ cup all-purpose flour and 1½ cup almond flour.
- Remove the dough from the plastic wrap and roll it out to circle 12 inches in diameter.
- Form the dough into a 11-inch tart pan and prick it generously with a fork. Poking the dough with a fork will prevent the dough from puffing up when it bakes. You can also use pie weights instead of pricking the dough.
- Bake the tart at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven. Spread ½ cup of raspberry jam into the tart shell. Fill it with the almond frangipane filling. Then sprinkle the top with 1 cup frozen raspberries and ¼ cup sliced almonds. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes.
- Once it's cooled, dust some powdered sugar over the top.