Easy Blueberry Peach Tart with Vanilla Glaze
A fresh and fruity tart loaded with peaches and blueberries. Topped with a vanilla glaze, this tart is perfection!
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry, thawed for 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- For the Vanilla Glaze:
- 1 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of milk OR heavy cream, more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- Remove 1 sheet of puffed pastry from the freeze; thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature, or until it can easily be unfolded without cracking.
- Preheat oven to 400°(F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water; beat until well combined; set aside.
- Thinly slice peaches and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch; toss well ensuring all peaches and are coated in the cinnamon sugar mix; set aside.
- Gently unfold the puffed pastry. If it does crack, gently press the tears back together and mend with slightly wet fingers.
- Place puffed pastry on prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the peaches evenly (and very tightly) on the puffed pastry, making 3 tidy rows, leaving a 1" border around the pastry. Sprinkle the blueberries on top.
- Lightly brush exposed pastry crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, rotating once during baking, or until the crust is puffed up and golden brown and the peaches are tender.
- While the tart bakes, make the vanilla glaze!
- In a small bowl combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and cream; whisk until smooth, adding more cream as needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over the tart right before serving.
- Serve warm with vanilla glaze and maybe even a scoop of ice cream!?