Almond Peach Galette Recipe
This indulgent almond peach galette is irresistible. Just 11 ingredients and 20 minutes prep time to make this delicious peach almond galette.
- pie crust
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (180g)
- 2 tbsp granulated white sugar (25g)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold (113g)
- 4 tbsp cold water (60ml)
- 1 egg (for brushing the edges)
- ⅜ cup almond slices (37g)
- 4 large peaches, pitted and sliced (about 1.1 lbs / 500g)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed (50g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 vanilla bean* (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Place flour, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. Larger butter flakes should be still visible. Add one tablespoon water at the time and pulse for 1-2 times after every tablespoon. Form pie crust into a disc without kneading. Wrap in plastic foil tightly. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (190°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir peaches, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla* to combine. Set aside.
- Roll out dough into a ⅛ inch (0.4cm) thick circle and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Spoon peaches without any liquid in the center of the dough, leaving a 3-inch border all around. Fold edges over peaches and press gently to seal the edges. Brush edges with egg, and sprinkle with almond slices. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Allow cooling at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.