Coke Zero Sloppy Joes
Coke Zero Sloppy Joes are the twist you didn’t know you needed.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. ground beef
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 can (12 oz.) Coca-Cola Zero Sugar, plus more for serving
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 Pepperidge Farm Soft White Hamburger Buns
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove the beef to a plate. Drain and discard excess fat from skillet.
- Return skillet to medium high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil, the onion, and the red and green bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened and peppers are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Pour the Coca-Cola into the skillet and boil until reduced to a syrup, about 5 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the ketchup, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pile sloppy joe onto buns and serve.