Tuscan Tortellini Soup
Tuscan Tortellini Soup is serious #FallGoals.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. cooked chicken sausage links, sliced into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 oz. (28-0z.) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 oz. (15-oz.) can white beans, drained
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken sausage and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in crushed tomatoes, broth, and red pepper flakes and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tortellini is cooked and flavors start to meld, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in white beans and spinach and cook until spinach has wilted, 2 minutes more.
- Serve with Parmesan.