Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
Better than the store bought kind.
- FOR THE POP TARTS
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Flour, for rolling out pie doughs
- ¾ c. pumpkin puree
- ⅓ c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch salt
- Egg wash (1 beaten egg mixed with 2 tsp milk or water)
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. cinnamon sugar
- Orange sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until smooth.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pie crust into a large rectangle until it’s about ⅛” thick. Cut the dough in half crosswise, then into quarters lengthwise. Transfer pieces to a baking sheet and refrigerate while you repeat process with remaining dough.
- Spoon a large dollop of the pumpkin mixture into the centers of half of the dough rectangles. Top with another piece of pie crust and press down around the edges. Crimp the edges with a fork, then use a toothpick to gently poke holes in the tops of each pastry (to allow some steam to escape). Brush the pop tarts with egg wash then bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes on pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cooled pop tarts and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and sanding sugar.