Chocolate brownies and eggnog are a match made in heaven - and this indulgent batch with a cheesecake filling is to DIE for.
- EGGNOG CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 225 g full-fat cream cheese
- 45 g caster sugar
- 20 g plain flour
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 30 ml eggnog (you can use advocaat if you prefer)
- FOR THE BROWNIE
- 280 g 70% dark chocolate
- 240 g unsalted butter
- 440 g caster sugar
- 180 g plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- 20 g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (160ºC Fan/Gas Mark 4) and grease and line a 9 x 11" tin with parchment paper.
- Start by making your eggnog filling. In a mixing bowl, add your cream cheese and sugar and mix. Next, add flour, nutmeg and eggnog and mix. Once combined, place in the fridge to chill.
- Now for the brownie mixture. In a mixing bowl add eggs and sugar (You can either use a whisk, handheld electric whisk or mixer) and whisk until pale and fluffy, about 3-5minutes.
- In a heat proof bowl, place the butter over a pan of simmer water. Once melted, turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate until it’s completely melted in. You can do this stage in a microwave, but you’ll need to do it in 30 second bursts and stir in-between.
- Add flour to the egg mix and fold in. Then pour in the chocolate mix and fold in.
- Pour half the brownie into the tin and level out. Remove eggnog mixture from fridge and spoon half of it over. Using a skewer or small knife, swirl the filling into the brownie. Pour in the rest of the brownie mixture, level out, and evenly spoon the rest of the eggnog filling on top and use a skewer or small knife again to swirl the filling into the brownie.
- Place in oven for 25-30mins. Test with a skewer or small knife, to see if the mixture has cooked. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes, before removing from tin and allowing to cool on a wire rack.
All rights and material belong to owners Delish.com