Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
Just mouthwatering goodness!
- 1 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 medium shallot, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1¼ c. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and sliced very thinly
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. baked ham, sliced ¼" thick
- 2 oz. Gruyère, finely grated
- 2 tbsp. Freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 2-qt. shallow oval baking dish or medium ovenproof skillet with butter. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring shallots, garlic, cream, and thyme to a simmer. Cook until shallots and garlic are very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Scrape into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread ⅓ of cream sauce in bottom of baking dish and top with half of the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Top with half the ham, and another third of the sauce. Repeat with remaining potatoes, ham, and sauce. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with Gruyère and Parmesan. Broil until cheese is bubbly and golden, about 4 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve warm.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com