Chess Pie is a simple and easy pie that we can't get enough of.
- 1 pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c. cornmeal
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°. Roll out pie crust and place in a 9” round pie dish. Trim and crimp edges and poke bottom of crust all over with a fork. Place in freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Place parchment paper inside pie crust and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until golden about 15 minutes, then carefully remove parchment and pie weights and bake 10 minutes more. Let cool while making pie filling.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°. In a large bowl whisk eggs and sugar together. Add melted butter, milk, vinegar, and vanilla and whisk until incorporated. Add cornmeal, flour, and salt and whisk until combined.
- Pour filling into pie crust and bake until just set in the middle, 50 minutes. Let cool at room temperature, then place in refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 4 hours,
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com