One Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Chicken
One Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Chicken. You won’t believe there isn’t a drop of cream in this flavorful, healthy pasta dish! An easy dinner the whole family will love!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained and excess oil blotted off with paper towels
- 8 ounces whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, (I used bowties)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder dissolved in 2 teaspoons of water, (see note)
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the olive oil and chicken. Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in the garlic and sun dried tomatoes and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth and pasta and stir until combined. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Add in the dissolved arrowroot/water slurry and stir until the liquid starts to thicken, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, spinach and stir until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt until everything is combined. Taste for seasoning then serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners spoonfulofflavor.com