One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms – Super quick and delicious, this creamy pasta recipe features creamy parmesan sauce, sauteed mushrooms, onion, and spinach.
- 14 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz (400 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
- ½ cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- To make the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet: Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent and slightly browned. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes until browned. Add a bit of oil if necessary. Remove mushrooms to the plate with onion and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove spinach and drain excess water. Transfer to another plate.
- Still in the same skillet, heat a little oil, add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then deglaze with vegetable broth. Add cream, grated parmesan, chili pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined and the cream gets some color.
- Once the pasta is ready, add mushrooms, onion, and spinach back to the skillet, then put drained pasta and toss to combine. Add more parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir. Serve the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!