Toasted Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches
We are SO deeply in love with Toasted Ham and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches.
- For the whole-grain mustard:
- 2 Tbs. yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Tbs. brown mustard seeds
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. water
- 1 small pinch of salt
- 2 Tbs. honey
- For the sandwiches:
- 4 large croissants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4-8 Tbs. fig butter (or fig jam, anything you have!)
- 8-14 slices good deli ham
- 1 (6 oz) wedge Roth’s Grand Cru cheese, thinly sliced
- A few Tbs. whole grain mustard
- Micro greens, or any greens you want to use
- About a Tbs. everything bagel seasoning
- 2 Tbs. honey
- Place the brown and yellow mustard seeds in a spice grinder and pulse a few times until it’s mostly ground. Transfer to a small jar and add the apple cider vinegar, water, pinch of salt and the honey. Cover and shake it up to combine, and let it sit, sealed on the counter for eight hours. Then transfer to the fridge to mellow and thicken.
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Spread the fig butter on the bottom croissant halves. Layer a few slices of ham on top of the fig butter, then a few slices of cheese, then the micro greens. Spread the mustard on the top halves of the croissants. Place the top half on the sandwich, and brush the warmed honey over it. Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning on top. Now bake the sandwiches on a rimmed baking sheet for 6-8 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt and ooze out the sides.
- Slice and serve! (With coffee and mimosas, duh.)
- Makes four sandwiches.
All rights and material belong to owners bevcooks.com