One-Pan Greek Chicken Drumsticks
Don't be ridiculous, everybody wants this.
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lb. total)
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 8 oz. orzo
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ c. dry white wine
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. crumbled feta (about 1 c.)
- ½ c. Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (about 3 oz.)
- ¼ c. fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°. Season chicken all over with 1½ teaspoons salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe excess oil out of skillet.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cook shallot, stirring occasionally, until just softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. Add orzo and garlic and cook, stirring, until orzo is lightly toasted and garlic is fragrant and light golden, about 2 minutes. Add wine and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute more.
- Add broth, cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Nestle chicken back into skillet.
- Bake, uncovered, until orzo is tender, liquid is mostly absorbed, and chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, feta, olives, and dill; season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle some tomato mixture over top of skillet. Serve with lemon wedges and remaining tomato mixture alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com