Spicy Chicken Yum Yum Rice Bowls
Each bowl is colorful and full of flavor. A great family dinner any night of the week, and it’s much simpler to throw together than you’d think!
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon, plus ⅓ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 cups cooked rice
- cucumber, avocado, kimchi, and fried wontons – for serving
- YUM YUM SAUCE
- ⅓ cup olive oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon tamari and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Season with pepper. Sprinkle the cornstarch (or arrowroot powder) over the chicken, lightly toss. drizzle with olive oil. Bake 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce. In a bowl, whisk ⅓ cup tamari, 2 tablespoons orange juice, honey, chili paste, garlic, and ginger.
- When the chicken is ready, pour two-thirds of the sauce over the chicken. Toss and bake another 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Switch the oven to broil. Broil 1-2 minutes, until the chicken chars on the edges. If desired, spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Meanwhile, make the yum yum sauce. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and season with cayenne and salt.
- To assemble, add the rice to bowls, top with cucumber, avocado, chicken, kimchi, green onions, and a big handful of fried wontons. Spoon over the yum yum.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com