Cheesy Taco Casserole
We can't get enough of this casserole. It's SO good, and the leftovers are even better. If you're not a fan of ground beef, try it with ground turkey or ground chicken instead!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, ¼ c. reserved
- 2 c. chopped cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1 c. corn, canned and drained or frozen
- 12 corn tortillas, 6 halved
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. crushed corn chips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in all but ¼ cup black beans, 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, and corn.
- Spread a small amount of the beef mixture on the bottom of your baking dish, then top with a layer of tortillas. Add a third of the cheeses, ⅓ of the meat mixture, then repeat with another layer of tortillas, cheese and beef. Top with remaining tortillas and remaining meat mixture. Top with crushed corn chips, remaining cheese, and reserved beans.
- Bake until cheese is melty and casserole is warmed through, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with remaining cherry tomatoes and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
Your family will BEG for this Cheesy Taco Casserole.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/lmQMzmg
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 18. joulukuuta 2018