Cheesy Taco Pasta
Taco seasoning in pasta = WIN.
- 12 oz. short-cut pasta
- ½ large white onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- ½ jalapeño, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 oz. (15-oz.) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1½ c. shredded cheddar and Monterey jack
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add jalapeño. Cook 2 minutes more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes, then add taco seasoning.
- Drain fat.
- Add canned tomatoes and ¼ cup reserved pasta water and stir, then add cheese and let melt, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.