Biscuits and Gravy Bake
There is nothing better than biscuits and gravy and this is the perfect way to serve them to crowd. An extra thick layer of gravy with lots of black pepper (which is the most important part) makes this bake absolutely perfect.
- Cooking spray
- 2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2½ c. milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (16-oz.) cans refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9"-x-13" baking pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add flour and cook 1 minute more. Pour in milk and whisk to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and add half to prepared pan. Pour gravy over biscuits, then top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with melted butter and season with black pepper. Bake until golden and cooked through, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives before serving.
You’ve never seen biscuits & gravy like THIS before. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/VLa4qOv
Julkaissut Delish Tiistaina 18. joulukuuta 2018