Loaded Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Cheddar
5-Star Loaded Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Cheddar = king of all potato forms.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- ¼ c. butter
- ¼ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. freshly chopped chives
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts divided
- ¾ c. shredded Cheddar
- 6 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Prick potatoes all over with a fork or sharp knife and wrap tightly in foil. Bake until soft, about 1 hour.
- Unwrap potatoes and cut lengthwise slits in the top of each. Carefully scoop out flesh from center of each potato into a medium bowl, then add butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, half the cheddar, and half the bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling back into each potato, mounding it on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and return to oven until melted, about 5 minutes. Top with scallion greens and remaining bacon.