Who doesn't love a Rolo? In fact, we love the chocolate so much we turned it into a cheesecake - complete with the oozy caramel layer of course!
- FOR THE BASE
- 150 g Digestive biscuits
- 75 g unsalted butter, melted
- FOR THE CARAMEL LAYER
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 50 g light muscovado sugar
- 397 g tin Carnation Caramel
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 500 g full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 75 g icing sugar
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 200 ml double cream
- 2 tubes of regular Rolos and 1 bag of mini Rolos, some chopped to decorate
- Melted chocolate, to drizzle
- Line the base and sides of a 20.5cm (8in) round springform cake tin.
- Make the base: whiz the biscuits in a food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs (alternatively put them in a sealed plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin). Mix in the melted butter, then press the mixture firmly into the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Chill.
- Make the caramel layer: heat the butter and muscovado sugar in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add the caramel and boil for 3 mins, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before pouring over biscuit base. Spread to level and chill until set.
- Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, cocoa and double cream until smooth. Tip into the tin and spread to level. Chill for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the tin, peel away parchment, and decorate with Rolos, and drizzle with melted chocolate.