Pizza Stuffed Pretzels
Pizza. STUFFED. Pretzels.
- more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (13.8-oz.) tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ¼ c. pizza sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- ½ c. warm water
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ c. full-sized pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup mozzarella with mini pepperoni, and Parmesan. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Unroll each piece and fold into a rectangle. Roll to flatten into a thinner rectangle. Spoon a thin line of pizza sauce across the length of the dough and top with cheese mixture.
- Seal dough tightly, making sure no cheese is exposed, and carefully roll into a tight rope. Twist into a pretzel shape and repeat with remaining dough, sauce, and cheese mixture. Arrange pretzels on prepared pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk baking soda into the warm water until fully dissolved. Brush baking soda solution onto each pretzel.
- Combine melted butter with Italian seasoning and garlic salt and brush on top of pretzels. Arrange pepperoni on top of pretzels. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of mozzarella.
- Bake pretzels until golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with more pizza sauce and Parmesan, if desired.